Basic Firearms LLC
Basic Firearms LLC understands everyone has the right to protect themselves and their loved ones. We are dedicated to providing the knowledge and skills needed to confidently do that. Most violent attacks last about 30 seconds. It takes the average trained person approximately 1.4 seconds to draw their firearm and accurately fire a round. If you’re not trained it takes a lot longer.
Basic CPL Class
– Concealed Pistol License
A basic CPL class is required by the state of Michigan before you can carry a concealed pistol. Basic Firearms LLC will provide you with the opportunity to learn everything you need to confidently and effectively obtain a concealed pistol license.
What You Will Learn
- Safe use, handling and storage of a firearm
- Basic shooting stance
- Basic knowledge of ammunition
- Basic fundamentals of pistol shooting
- Basic firearms law – including use of deadly force and civil liability.
- Situational awareness
- Different concealed carry methods
- Choosing the right firearm for your personal protection
- CPL Classes are $100 per person.
- This class is a mandatory 8 hours.
- 5 hours is class time (done as a power point presentation and demonstration)
- 3 hours of range time.
- There will be a written test as well as a shooting qualification to pass.
What to Bring
- The pistol you plan to carry. If you do not own a pistol we have rentals for the classes.
- (Optional) Holster for the gun you intend to use
- 100 rounds of ammunition for your pistol. If you don’t have ammunition we have some for sale depending on caliber at the class.
- Eye and Ear protection.
- Please dress for the weather. The range is outdoors
- If you do not have your own firearm, you can rent one at the class with 100 rounds of ammo for $45.00. We’ll have spare ear and eye protection for rentals. (please call or message us ahead of time so we can reserve your rental)
How Do I Pass the Course?
There area few things you need to be able to do in order to pass this course. First and foremost, you must demonstrate the ability to be safe with your firearm. The classroom portion of the course will conclude with a written test. Then you will be required to qualify on the range with a shooting skills test. If you pass both tests then you will be given the certificate required to apply for your Michigan CPL.
Certified by the NRA to teach Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, and is a certified Range Safety Officer. He is also Certified by the Michigan Coalition For Responsible Gun Owners as a CPL Instructor
Just took the CPL class today! First I have to say the team was very friendly and professional. It was a great class and would recommend to anyone interested in obtaining a CPL. Went through all the materials thoroughly and was very patient with some who needed help. Safety was a priority and the team was on top of keeping everyone in check!
Thanks David, it was a day and money well spent!
Just completed CPL class today! Instructor, Dave, was amazing as was the class! I would highly recommend to anyone.
A real professional who is passionate and responsible about the firearm business !